Beginning of the main content.
Be informed of our arrivals and departures
February?11,?2020 - 7:20pm
Due to the blockade near Belleville, Ontario, train service between Montreal and Toronto and between Ottawa and Toronto is affected. In view of the current uncertainty, VIA Rail is cancelling all departures until Thursday end of day on the Montréal-Toronto and Toronto-Ottawa routes, in both directions.
- Services continue to operate between Ottawa and Montreal, between Montreal and Quebec City, and west of Toronto in Southwestern Ontario.
- The following trains of Feb 12 and Feb. 13, 2020 have been cancelled: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 50, 51 (between Ottawa and Toronto), 52, 53, 54, 55, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 644, 645, 646, 647, 650, 651, 668, 669.
- Please note that train 51 will operate between Montreal and Ottawa but cancelled between Ottawa and Toronto only.
VIA Rail is providing full refunds for the cancelled trips automatically which could take up to 10 days due to the volume of transactions. This refund applies to all services affected by the blockades as well as related connections.
For information, passengers can call our VIA Customer Center at 1-888-VIA-RAIL (1-888 842-7245), TTY 800-268-9503 (deaf or hard of hearing).
Next update to this list scheduled for February 13 around 7pm.
Subscribe to the train alert service
Get status updates for your train. Receive notifications by email or SMS (text message) in the event of a delay.
Customize your alerts:
- receive an alert for your departure by entering your train number or the name of your departure station
- receive an alert for your arrival by entering the name of your arrival station
Follow your train in real time
Find your train number on your boarding pass
Click “Track your train.”
Select your train number from the menu to see where your train is in real time.
Onboard payment is on a new track
Only regular and prepaid credit cards (AMEX, Visa and Mastercard) and VIA Rail gift cards are accepted as methods of payment on board.